Aquaman Movie Review
Aquaman: It is Everything an Action Movie is Supposed To Be
Aquaman is the son of Thomas Curry, the courageous lighthouse keeper of Maine and Atlanta, the beautiful princess of Atlantis. Also, he’s the half-brother of Orm, the power-hungry king of submerged kingdom Atlantis. It is the sixth installment in the DCEC.
The king Orm is the undisputed leader of the submerged city Atlantis but he wants more. His dream is to establish a kingdom that includes both the sea and the land. And he is working hard to fulfill his dream but the Aquaman has the power and also the right to challenge Orm. Aquaman is the real heir to the throne Orm has usurped. The Atlanteans didn’t accept Aquaman because he has half-human.
Highlights of the movie:
- Great action scenes – capture of Atlanta and submarine battle
- Underwater city – the high-tech city built under the sea is praiseworthy
- Costumes – the Aquaman gets the right outfit for every character
- Meaningful moments – everyone is given sufficient time to showcase talent
- Sympathetic villain – the villains in the movie are shown sympathetic in nature
Aquaman first look & poster
The Aquaman seems emerging from the water with his partner in the poster. The water is splashing out as the two characters emerge from the ocean. It has Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman and Amber Heard as Mera, a warrior. The Aquaman has half-human body and he’s wielding a sharp weapon.
Why watch the movie?
The biggest reason to watch the movie is the character that belongs to DC comics. Aquaman is a favorite cartoon character and seeing Aquaman doing action in human form would be quite entertaining.
- Jason Momoa suggested Temuera Morrison’s name for the character of father of Aquaman
- Nicole Kidman accepted the role of Atlanta when she’s allowed to wear “Mother-of-Pearl”
- Jason Momoa played pranks on every team member except Nicole Kidman
- Nicole Kidman was the first choice of James Wan for the role of Atlanta