Romeo Akbar Walter: Robbie Grewal Undercooked What Could Be An Effective Spy Thriller
Romeo Akbar Walter is a spy thriller starring John Abraham, Jackie Shroff,SikanderKher and Mouni Roy. The film is loosely based on the events leading to 1971 Indo-Pak conflict. Directed by Robbie Grewal, the movie tries to highlight the role of a Indian spy in the 1971 war between India and Pakistan.
Rehmatullah Ali a.k.a. Romeo (John Abraham) is a bank teller by profession but he becomes a spy at the instance of Srikanth Rai (Jackie Shroff), chief of R&AW. Romeo gets a new appearance and name to sneak into the enemy territory. He enters Pakistan as Akbar and soon befriends Khudabaksh Khan (SikanderKher), ISI officer. But little does Akbar knows that Pakistani intelligence is after him and also he fears his life from his masters in India.
Highlights of the movie
- The movie is a slow burner that allows sufficient time to understand the change of events
- The film lacks jingoism and the enemy has human face
- Raghubir Yadav leaves his mark in a cameo
- Mouni Roy has a limited role to play
- John Abraham looks more sensible than a muscle man
Romeo Akbar Walter First Look & Poster
The Wikipedia poster has John Abraham in … Find More