Boy Erased Movie Review
Boy Erased: When Faith Comes to Change the Sexuality
Boy Erasedis a drama with a message to the society. It discusses the most controversial topic of gay sex but in totality like how a family behaves when the son reveals his sexual orientation.The film supports the freedom of choice in sex.
Jared Eamons (Lucas Hedges) is like any other boy but with a different sexual desire that society doesn’t approve. His Baptist father and conservative mother disapprove his sexual desires and send him to a gay conversion center where he is subjected to physical and mental cruelty by the therapists. At the center, he’s taught Bible and asked to adhere to the normal sexual life. A distraught Jared Eamons finds it difficult to understand why society is against his choice of sex.
Highlights of the movie:
- The story is based on memoirs of Garrard Conley
- It reveals the darker side of gay conversion centers
- The movie reflects the true feelings of a gay person
- It supports the freedom of thought and choice in sex
- The movie looks real like its story
Boy Erased First Look & Poster
The poster is given an emotional touch to match it with the theme of the movie. It has Jared Eamons standing between his parents who seem to be divided over his thoughts about sexual orientation. And the place looks like a church.
Why watch the movie?
It is a family drama with a social message to all. Boy Erased is a must watch movie for all who are concerned about social issues like gay sex.
- Garrard Conley allowed a filmmaker to adapt his memoir for the big screen
- Some states banned gay conversion centers before the release of Garrard Conley’s memoirs
- Viggo Mortensen was the first choice for the character of Russell Crowe
- Focus Features defeated Netflix, Amazon Studios and Annapurna Pictures to win the rights of the movie