Darbar, the first of Rajnikanth’s twin releases this year, is a cocktail of action and drama but the movie is engaging. Estimated to be made of a whopping budget of Rs. 190 crores, Darbar is expected to earn about Rs. 280-85 crores globally.
Aaditya Arunasalam (Rajinikanth) is a top cop deputed in Mumbai for a special task that is to put a tab over the drug menace in the city. But he isn’t an ideal cop that goes by the rule book. His style of working is to use bring the criminal to justice by using brute force. And he’s seen threatening and roughing up human rights activists who question his working. In the course of action, he arrests Ajay Malhotra (Prateik Babbar), the son of a top businessman and chief drug supplier. Also, there is Sunil Shetty in the role of a dreaded gangster looking for revenge with Rajnikanth.
Highlights of the movie
- Rajnikanth wears the uniform of a top cop after over two decades
- Rajnikanth is going commercial after two intense artistic movies
- Rajnikanth delivering the political message with this movie
- Rajnikanth displaying different colors of a top cop. He is a tough cop in office and a loving father at home
- Rajnikanth is pairing with Nayanthara,