Darbar: New Year Gift For Rajnikanth Fans And Challenge For Others
Darbar, the first of Rajnikanth’s twin releases this year, is a cocktail of action and drama but the movie is engaging. Estimated to be made of a whopping budget of Rs. 190 crores, Darbar is expected to earn about Rs. 280-85 crores globally.
Aaditya Arunasalam (Rajinikanth) is a top cop deputed in Mumbai for a special task that is to put a tab over the drug menace in the city. But he isn’t an ideal cop that goes by the rule book. His style of working is to use bring the criminal to justice by using brute force. And he’s seen threatening and roughing up human rights activists who question his working. In the course of action, he arrests Ajay Malhotra (Prateik Babbar), the son of a top businessman and chief drug supplier. Also, there is Sunil Shetty in the role of a dreaded gangster looking for revenge with Rajnikanth.
Highlights of the movie
- Rajnikanth wears the uniform of a top cop after over two decades
- Rajnikanth is going commercial after two intense artistic movies
- Rajnikanth delivering the political message with this movie
- Rajnikanth displaying different colors of a top cop. He is a tough cop in office and a loving father at home
- Rajnikanth is pairing with Nayanthara, the lady superstar who worked with Rajnikanth in Chandramukhi
Darbar First Look & Poster
The poster features Rajnikanth and Sunil Shetty with dark Mumbai in the background. Both the protagonists have beards but Rajnikanth is wearing black goggles while Sunil Shetty is staring at Rajni through naked eyes. Rajnikanth as a tough cop looks fearless in the poster but Sunil’s intimidating look is sufficient to run shivers down the spine of the viewers.
Why watch the movie?
Rajnikanth fans across the globe. But this movie is different because he’s back as a cop and he’s a father figure in this movie.
- Aditya Arunasalam are the names of the director A R Murugados
- Superstar Rajnikanth is wearing a police uniform after 27 years
- Rajni did his fight scenes without any help