Gully Boy Movie Review
Gully Boy: Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt Live Up to The Expectations
Gully Boy marks the first musical thriller of rap genre in India. It was promoted as a work of fiction but unconfirmed sources revealed that the movie took its inspiration from the story of underground rappers Divine and Naezy. But Ranveer Singh turns out to be the biggest attraction of the movie.
Murad Ahmed (Ranveer Singh) lives in a tenement in Dharavi. He shares space with a careless younger brother; self-reliant mother and snappish father Aftab Sheikh (Vijay Raaz). What Murad hides from other is his big dreams that he lives day and night. The only person he shares his dreams with is Safeena Ali (Alia Bhatt). She is dynamite for everyone except Murad. Aftab Sheikh wants Murad to learn but Murad dreams of becoming a street rapper. And he is on his way to attain height in hip-hop singing.
Highlights of the movie
- It is the first movie based on rappers
- Fast rap songs hold the attention
- Dialogues like “naukar ka beta naukar banega” add more spice to the story
- Portrayal of slum and a slum dwelling family looks real
- Alia Bhatt stunned the audiences with her bold character
Gully Boy First Look & Poster
The poster has Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt sharing earphone and carefully listening to rap music. In the background, there are high-rise edifices of Mumbai. The movie name appears on the bottom.
Why watch the movie?
Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt are the two big reasons for watching the movie. Both the actors have played their characters very well. People can also watch it to understand rap music.
- Screened at Berlin International Film Festival
- Based on the life of rap artists Divine and Naezy
- Zoya Akhtar working with Alia Bhatt for the first time
- First movie of Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt