Kalank Movie Review
Kalank: Could Karan Johar Fulfill The Dream Of His Late Father?
Kalank is the ambitious project of Yash Johar completed by Karan Johar. A period drama of the time of British India just 2 years before the infamous partition, Kalank features the story of an elite family whose members are divided into Hindus and Muslims.
Roop (Alia Bhatt)marries Dev Chaudhary (Aditya Roy Kapur) but her love interest is Zafar (Varun Dhawan). It is a triangular love story featured with India’s struggle to freedom. Also, there is a fourth angle of Satya Chaudhary (Sonakshi Sinha)but not much is revealed about her character. It seems that Sonakshi’s a silent character. Roop marries the already married Dev Chaudhary under pressure but she loves Zafar from the deepest of her heart. The movie shows the tussle of Roop to make a choice between her husband and love. In the climax, she chooses one.
Highlights of the movie
- Madhuri Dixit and Sanjay Dutt are the biggest stars of the movie
- Every character of the movie is unique because everyone is guilty
- The film has old Delhi mohallas and a fabulous mahal
- The movie has 5 soundtracks and almost all the tracks are great
- It has amazing sets and enthralling dance sequences
Kalank First Look & Poster
The poster carries six faces of three couples of different age groups and classes. On the top, there are Sanjay Dutt and Madhuri Dixit, in the middle are Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt and on the bottom are Aditya Roy Kapur and Sonakshi Sinha. The poster wears a bloody red color to represent the turbulent time.
Watch the trailer of Kalank here
Why watch the movie?
It is a period drama of the British India time. Also, it is touted as one of the best movies of Varun Dhawan. Another reason to watch the movie is an impressive star cast that includes veterans like Sanjay Dutt and Madhuri Dixit.
- Madhuri Dixit replaced Sri Devi opposite Sanjay Dutt after the untimely demise of the latter actress
- Sanjay Dutt and Madhuri Dixit sharing screen space after two decades
- Karan Johar once decided to put the project on hold after the demise of Sri Devi
- Madhuri Dixit working for the first time with Karan Johar and Dharma productions