Manikarnika Movie Review
Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi: Kangana Ranaut Injured Herself for The Movie
Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi is a biographical period drama based on the life of Rani Laxmibai of Jhansi. But it isn’t the first movie on the queen of Jhansi. There have been many attempts to portray the role of Rani Laxmibai in Indian freedom struggle. The latest attempt to make a movie on the queen of Jhansi is made by Kangana Ranaut who’s also the lead actor of the movie.
There is nothing new to tell about Rani Laxmibai of Jhansi and the only thing Kangana Ranaut could do is to present the story in a new way. It is only with direction, costume design, action, cinematography, dialogue and dialogue delivery and star cast that Kangana Ranaut could make any difference to her movie. The prime attractions of the movies are Indian Rebellion of 1857 and her fight with the British East India Company.
Highlights of the movie
- The movie features all the important characters of the life and time of Rani Laxmibai of Jhansi
- Stunts for the movie are choreographed by the renowned action director Nick Powell
- Kangana Ranaut real fight scene with sword
- Ankita Lokhande, the renowned TV star, is debuting in Bollywood with this movie
Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi First Look & Poster
The poster shows Kangana Ranaut as Rani Laxmibai charging at the British army. She’s riding a horse; she’s her brutal sword in her right hand and she’s tied her son on her back. Her tresses and flag are shown flowing with the wind to show speed of her horse. Her army in the backdrop further improves her appearance as a warrior.
Why watch the movie?
It is a historical movie based on a true story related to Indian Rebellion of 1857.
- Kangana Ranuat did sword fight without her body double
- She was seriously injured in a fight scene
- Zeeshan Ayyub replaced Sony Sood in the final phase of the movie
- Suresh Oberoi makes a comeback after 10 years