Shazam Movie Review
DCEU Sets A New Trend In Superhero Movies From Shazam!
Shazam!is a superhero character of DC Comics. He’s a wizard looking for a champion to bestow his superpowers. And his search ends on a kid that is pure from heart. He turns the kid into an adult superhero and also shares the secret of becoming a superhero to the kid.
Billy Batson is just 14-year old but he has the power to become a superhero uttering a few words. The moment he utters those magic words, he transforms into an adult with superpowers but kid from mind. And he does all sorts of things that a teenage kid of his age is expected to do after becoming all powerful. He does funny things with his new found powers but he’s cautious of losing the powers. Also, there is one Dr. Thaddeus Sivana looking for those powers. Would Billy Batson be able to keep his powers a secret?
Highlights of the movie
- First live-action film on the character of Shazam!
- Seeing a superhero behaving like a kid if fun
- Fast pace of the story keeps audience glued to their seats
- DCEU bids adieu to Batman and Superman
Shazam! First Look & Poster
The poster has Billy Batson in the attire of a superhero but he’s blowing balloon from the chewing gum he is chewing. This handmade poster shows that Billy has transformed into a superhero but he’s still kidding. The name of the movie with a halo on the letter “Z” appears in the backdrop.
Why watch the movie?
It is the first time that DCEU makes a move with B-level character. Story of a kid getting superpowers is also a reason to watch the movie.
- The movie was first titled Billy Batson & The Legend of Shazam
- Dwayne Johnson suggested name of Armie Hammer for Shazam
- MickyDolenz of the Monkees was selected for the role of Uncle Dudley
- Sam Raimi was interested in directing the movie