The Lego Movie 2 Review
The Lego Movie 2: The second part is as mesmerizing as the first part is
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Partis the second installment of The Lego Movie (2014). The sequel is coming after two failed attempts by the Warner Animation Group – TheLego Batman Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie (both 2017).
You need to go into flashback to recall the conclusion of The Lego Movie (2014). The sequel starts from the conclusion when the citizens of the city of Bricksburg are seen living with a looming danger of alien invasion. The sequel turns the fear into reality with LEGO DUPLO invading the city and wreaking havoc on everything that comes in their path. Emmet, Lucy, Batman and rest of their friends have to take the responsibility of defending the LEGO universe from the courageous and creative aliens.
Highlights of the movie
- The sequel is pretty much lithe the last one – funny, adventurous and thrilling
- The grown up characters display maturity in actin and dialogue delivery
- The new characters communicate with human-scale gestures
- Critics say that the movie is a good commercial entertainment
- It has message “be nice to your kid sister”
The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part First Look & Poster
The poster shows all the characters landing from the space. Name of the movie is at the forefront followed by the brother sister duo and others including the invading aliens at the tail end. The background is made of dark sky with tiny stars shining bright.
Why watch the movie?
This sequel to the hit movie The Lego Movie (2014) would attract the kids that enjoyed it 5 years back. Also, the toddlers that have grown up into kids would like the entertaining episode of plastic toys.
- Release date was pushed ahead from May 2017 to February 2019
- First time Warner Animation Group making a movie with a female antagonist
- First sequel of the Warner Animation Group
- Third Warner Animation Group movie with live-action sequences